No one should have to put up with a hostile workplace. Whether you are experiencing sexual harassment, bullying of any kind, unfair treatment or any other type of uncomfortable situation on a regular basis, the lawyers with McCarthy Weisberg Cummings, P.C. are here to help make it stop and to make those responsible pay.
A hostile work environment is uncomfortable and can make employees feel uneasy, unsafe, and helpless. Let us assert your rights. Contact us today.
Our experienced legal team will:
- Help you take necessary first steps including providing notice to management.
- Advise you on how to consult with human resources to ensure that they are on notice of an ongoing problem.
- Help you obtain necessary evidence including witness statements to corroborate your claims.
- Represent you in any legal claims arising out of a hostile work environment Take necessary legal action for any retaliation claims.
- Understand your needs and devise a solution that addresses your unique situation.
Examples of a Hostile Workplace
Whether you’re discriminated against or harassed on a continuing basis because of your sex, religion or any other reason, that is a hostile work environment — and there’s a very good chance the situation you’re experiencing is illegal.
This type of behavior takes many forms. Here are a few of the more common ones.
- Bullying — Hostile work environment bullying is a form of abusive conduct that is verbal in nature, such as humiliation, intimidation, threats, etc. It could also include any sort of interference that keeps you from getting your work done — basically, a form of sabotage. Whether you are dealing with yelling, belittling comments or you’ve been threatened with physical harm, you may be able to take legal action.
- Uncomfortable situations — This is a wide ranging category that encompasses many factors. For example, you may have to deal with harassment every day at work that is either patently offensive or hostile. Other employees may even join in the harassment. In some instances, senior management may even condone the behavior.
- Toxic co-workers — If you are surrounded by co-workers whose personal drama interferes with productivity, then you are probably immersed in a toxic work environment. They may be people who are only motivated by money, power or some other form of personal gain and act in a way that’s detrimental to the company. They may also use any means necessary to manipulate and/or annoy other workers.
- Unfair treatment — You cannot be unfairly treated for any reason. For instance, you can’t be fired if you refuse to participate in an illegal practice, such as price fixing. But even if you’re not fired, you may be able to take legal action if your employer tries to make your life so miserable that you feel you have no other option but to quit. If you can prove you are working under intolerable conditions, there is a chance you will have grounds to file a lawsuit.
How Our Lawyers Can Help
At McCarthy Weisberg Cummings, P.C., we have a great deal of experience helping people who have had to deal with a hostile workplace. While there are many ways you can try and cope with this type of environment on your own, sometimes the pressure can become so overwhelming, you need help. That’s where we come in.
We will do everything we can to make sure you once again have a safe workplace where you feel confident in performing your duties each and every day. Our attorneys will take a detailed look at your situation and compare it to all applicable state and federal laws to let you know if you have a valid claim. Then, we will work to help you find the justice you deserve. Contact us online or call 717-238-5707 to schedule a confidential consultation.