If you were injured in an assault occurring at a hotel, shopping mall, parking ramp or other commercial area, you may be entitled to compensation from the property owner. Many assault crimes happen because a property owner was negligent in providing security.
At McCarthy Weisberg Cummings in Harrisburg, our lawyers have more than four decades of combined experience representing injured people throughout Pennsylvania. If you were injured as a result of property owner negligence, we can help you pursue the compensation for medical bills, emotional distress, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other damages.
Keeping Guests And Customers Safe From Assault
Property owners have a duty to take reasonable precautions to protect guests, customers and others from injury due to unsafe conditions. This area of law is known as premises liability. Reasonable precautions may include providing security in areas that have a known risk of criminal attack.
The following are examples of security measures:
- Proper lighting: Dimly lit parking garages and building entrances can provide areas for criminals to hide.
- Video cameras: When installed in areas such as doorways, elevator waiting areas and parking lots, video cameras can deter crime.
- Secure locks: Broken locks on hotel doors or windows can present an open invitation to criminals to enter.
- Security guards: The presence of a security guard may be enough to prevent a crime from happening.
- Police patrols: Requesting additional police patrols in high-crime areas may persuade criminals to move on.
Contingency fee representation: Typically, our lawyers handle negligent security cases on a contingency basis. This means we do not charge attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you.
Consult Our Harrisburg Inadequate Security Attorneys
To schedule a free initial consultation with one of our lawyers, call 717-238-5707 or contact us online. We represent clients in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and the surrounding cities, including Carlisle.