A catastrophic injury can affect you for the rest of your life. While no amount of compensation can make up for what you have lost, your recovery from a personal injury lawsuit can make a big difference in your quality of life.
Life-Changing Injury Lawyers
At the law firm of McCarthy Weisberg Cummings in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, your fight for just compensation becomes our fight. Our lawyers have more than 40 years of combined experience standing up for the rights of people who have suffered serious injuries as the result of others’ negligence.
You can afford an experienced personal injury attorney. Typically, our lawyers handle catastrophic injury cases on a contingency basis. This means we do not charge attorney fees unless we recover compensation for you. Contact us by email or call 717-238-5707 for a free consultation.
We handle all types of serious injury cases for clients in Harrisburg and surrounding communities, including:
- Traumatic brain injury: A traumatic brain injury can occur in falls and motor vehicle accidents even when there is no outward sign of damage. Family members are often the first to notice symptoms such as irritability, headaches, memory problems or difficulty performing tasks. Traumatic brain injuries have the potential to cause several problems, including memory loss and personality changes. They can also render someone unable to return to their usual activities or job.
- Neck injuries: A neck injury may heal completely in a few months or it may result in chronic pain that affects you for the rest of your life. We can help you understand and recover compensation for the full extent of your injury.
- Spinal cord injury: An injury to your spinal cord may result in arm or leg weakness, numbness or tingling, or in the worst cases, full or partial paralysis.
- Burn injuries: Burn injuries may be more serious than many people realize. Far from being something that only affects the skin’s cosmetic appearance, severe burn injuries can affect mobility, the muscles and even the bones of an affected area. From months of skin grafts to years of physical therapy, burn injuries can lead to significant medical expense over a person’s lifetime — all of which may be recoverable through an injury lawsuit.
- Dog bites: Dog bites range from relatively minor bites that heal fully to devastating or even fatal injuries. Unfortunately, the most common victims for dog bites are children. Children may simply not know how to behave around dogs or may inadvertently tease an unsupervised animal. When dogs attack small children, they’re more likely to bite the facial and neck area because of children’s smaller size, causing permanent or even life-threatening injuries. Large, aggressive dogs can also cause life-threatening injuries to adults.
If you have suffered a catastrophic injury, you need to consider your future. The cost of a long-term injury can be devastating. In addition to medical bills, follow-up treatments and long-term care, you may need help around home and you may need to miss work. The economic losses of this type of injury can add up very quickly. An attorney can help you seek compensation so you don’t have to rely on your savings or your assets to pay for your care.
If you have suffered an injury, contact McCarthy Weisberg Cummings for a free consultation. Our lawyers provide personal service to all of our clients. We will remain in contact with you throughout your legal proceedings and supply you with regular updates. You will find that we are readily available to answer your questions and address any concerns.
Contact Our Catastrophic Injury Attorneys in Harrisburg
For a free initial consultation with one of our Pennsylvania serious injury attorneys, call 717-238-5707. We represent clients in Harrisburg, Carlisle and surrounding communities.